WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY
Buildings That Heal
Buildings need to start healing the ecosystems they are a part of. We must embrace our responsibility to build better buildings and communities.
How regenerative design unfolds is unique to each project and has lasting positive results on the local place. Projects are often seen as catalysts for regeneration and stewardship opportunities. By building better, we can:
- reintroduce biodiversity through the re-wilding of the site;
- offer a work, live, play community for its inhabitants;
- demonstrate the technical and business case feasibility of building with mass timber;
- sequester carbon as a result of building with mass timber;
- demonstrate the technical and business case feasibility for a building to be zero carbon in operations;
- demonstrate the technical and business case feasibility of building to Passive House Standard;
- offer a superior, healthy working and living environment;
- set a world-class example of a restorative urban development.